Continuous Professional Development
Continuous Professional Development (CPD) is important to improve clinical performance that ultimately influences the quality of the health outcomes. Well-crafted continuing professional development programs deliver benefits to the individual, their profession and the public. Indian landscape of optometry education and practice demands conceptualizing need based training programs customized to educators, practitioners, students and the industry.
» Industry Development Workshops
IVI collaborates with identified partners in delivering customized training programs to both organized and unorganized sector with emphasis on customer satisfaction, and effective marketing models along with specific practice patterns. Spread over 3-4 days, the workshops highlight basics of clinical examination of the visual system, optics, dispensing and its techniques, and soft skills.
• Capacity building for Ben Franklin sales staff
• Capacity building workshop for National Ophthalmic Association at Jaipur, Rajasthan
• Essentials of Spectacle Dispensing - Angamaly
• IVI-NVG Capacity building workshop for NOA at Siliguri, West Bengal
• Essentials of Spectacle Dispensing, Kondotty
• IVI-NVG Capacity building workshop for NOA at Raipur, Chhattisgarh
• Essentials of Spectacle Dispensing, Pondicherry
• IVI-NVG Capacity building workshop for NOA at Nanded, Maharashtra
• Essentials of Spectacle Dispensing: Coimbatore
• Capacity building workshop for National Ophthalmic Association: Ranchi
• Essentials of spectacle dispensing: Kanyakumari
• Capacity Building Workshop for Optical Dispensers of Reliance - Vision Express
• Capacity building workshop for National Ophthalmic Association: Patna
• Capacity building workshop for National Ophthalmic Association: Aurangabad
• Essentials of Spectacle Dispensing: Chennai
• Essentials of Spectacle Dispensing: Chennai and Hyderabad
• The Art of Spectacle Dispensing
» Summer Internship
Initiated in 2014 IVI short term Summer Internship Program offers an opportunity for students of Optometry to gain first-hand experience of working with the IVI team on projects promoting Optometry in India, including assisting in program planning and implementation, preparing activity reports and other documentation, and research. The program is designed to help undergraduate students explore an environment beyond their class and clinic.
• Summer Internship 2017 -2018
• Summer Internship 2016 -2017
• Summer Internship 2015-2016
• Summer Internship 2014-2015
» Collaborative Workshops with Brien Holden Vision Institute Academy
In collaboration with Brien Holden Vision Institute Academy, IVI offers a series of courses under the aegis of EYETEACH directed towards educators and practitioners in understanding the role of problem-based learning in engaging students and preparing students for professional practice, and develop research and effectively share their research findings.
BHVIA EyeTeach Clinician to Educator: The two-day workshop introduces the concepts of best practice in learning and teaching, and developing teaching skills in optometry.
BHVIA Research Methodology: Organized in collaboration with (African Vision Research Institute (AVRI), the workshop assists eye health cadres develop research skills and effective sharing of research findings in the form of scientific papers, reports and peer reviewed articles.
BHVIA Biostatistics and Scientific Writing: Organized in collaboration with AVRI, the workshop focuses on strengthening research skills of optometry students, educators and practitioners, including in data analysis, result interpretation and effective science communication.
• Workshop on Pediatric Optometry
• BHVI Academy EyeTeach© Workshop: Introduction to Research Methodology and Scientific Writing - Navsari, Gujarat
• BHVI Academy EyeTeach©: From Clinician to Educator workshops – Kerala and Gujarat
• BHVI Academy EyeTeach© Biostatistics and Scientific Writing Workshop - Hyderabad
• BHVI Academy EyeTeach©: From Clinician to Educator workshops - Coimbatore
• BHVI Academy EyeTeach©: From Clinician to Educator workshops – Gurgaon
• Brien Holden Vision Institute Academy EyeTeach©: From Clinician to Educator workshops – Chennai
• BHVI Academy EyeTeach© Research Methodology workshop in collaboration with ARVI - Chennai
• Biostatistics and Scientific Writing - Hyderabad
• ICEE Research Methodology - Hyderabad
• ICEE EyeTeach II - Hyderabad
• ICEE EyeTeach I - Hyderabad